Rhinoplasty is cosmetic facial surgical procedure that’s usually done to improve a person’s presence or to reconstruct their nose for medical-related purposes. A rhinoplasty technique involves adjusting the cartilages and bones of the nose, or sometimes tissue is included order to maximize the aesthetic appeal. The process is also commonly done to fix nasal fractures as well. If rhinoplasty is carried out to repair someone’s nasal fracture, the physician tries to recover the nose area to its pre-injury condition. A complementary treatment generally known as septorhinoplasty is done on patients that in addition have a nasal obstruction. Septorhinoplasty works to beautify the look of the nose, but also stabilizes the overall structure and reduces any internal obstructions that might be blocking the patient’s nasal breathing.
What does a rhinoplasty approach involve?
Any aesthetic worries and goals you have ought to be completely discussed before treatment. The recommendations of your plastic surgeon along with any special limitations concerning the structure of your nose, skin, or face in general are essential to have thoroughly explained you. Make-up free photographs are typically taken prior to surgical treatment to assist with both the preoperative and post surgery planning phase in order to document the results.
Make inquiries and express your concerns.
Finding an experienced, specialized doctor to perform your rhinoplasty surgery should be your main priority when taking into consideration getting any type of cosmetic method. ASAPS ( American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ) suggests that each patient should ideally consider the following tips for best results:
- Consult at least three different surgeons before choosing one
- Be sure the cosmetic surgeon you choose is board certified
- Ask where your surgeon is privileged to legally practice to ensure his credibility
- Request to see before and after photos of previous patients
- Talk in-depth about the surgery as well as the results and recovery and any potential things that may possibly go wrong or happen unexpectedly
- Ask about the surgeon’s rhinoplasty experience. How many has he done?
- Does the surgeon have malpractice insurance? If not, get up and leave
- Ask about the follow-up procedures
- Request to contact former patients about their own experience
- How much does the procedure cost? What about insurance?
The results of rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty outcomes could possibly be minor or major, based on the type of correction you want done, but they are however permanent. It’s important that both you and your cosmetic surgeon are on the same page regarding the goals and objectives of your procedure. If you have realistic expectations and your surgeon, the outcome will likely be very positive overall.